Five Signs You Need Drain or Sewer Repair
Your plumbing is one of the most important systems in your home. Every day, we use our drain and sewer system countless times. Because a majority of your system is located underground or in hard to reach places, it can be hard to tell when there’s an issue. Keep an eye out for the following warning signs in your home, as they can signal your need for drain or sewer repair:
- Unpleasant odors. If you can smell something strange in or around your home or outdoors, you may have sewage leaking somewhere. In other cases, your drains themselves may smell funny. Either way, it’s best to have a MillTown professional locate the source of the issue before it has a change to worsen.
- Slow drainage or backups. Sinks, tubs, shower and toilets should drain with ease. If they are backing up, it could be a sign that you need sewer repair. Tree roots, ground shifts, or pipe damage can cause blockages and clogs to form in your plumbing system. This is different from a normal clog because it may mean that the actual pipe is damaged and will need to be repaired or replaced.
- Pooling water. Whether it’s indoors or in your yard, there typically shouldn’t be pooling water in places that aren’t prone to it. This can mean that you have a sewer or pipe leak somewhere close to the surface. Don’t wait too long to call a professional, as this can cause things to worsen.
- Bugs and rodents. Critters and creepy crawlies, to put it simply, love sewage. Bugs live off of, and rodents feed off of them. If you notice an infestation happening on your property, your drain and sewer system may be to blame.
- Lush patches of yard. If you notice that certain areas of your yard are especially green and lush, it could mean that they are stealing “fertilizer” from your plumbing system.
How MillTown Can Help
If you notice any of these signs, give MillTown Plumbing a call to schedule your service. Our professional plumbers have almost 40 years of experience providing top-rated drain services to homeowners in the greater Lowell area. From new drain installation to pipe repair and from sewer line cleaning to mainline repair, we have the expertise and experience to do it quickly and cost-effectively. Our drain services include:
- Sewer main line cleaning
- Clogged Drains
- Leak detection
- Sewer camera inspection
- Mainline excavation & repair
For drain and sewer repair, call MillTown today!