Benefits of Switching to a Ductless Mini Split System
Are you looking for a cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to cool and heat your home? If so, you should consider installing a ductless mini-split system. This type of heating and cooling system consists of two main components: a compressor/condenser, which is located outdoors, and one or more evaporators, which are located in various rooms — or zones — in the home. Here’s how you can benefit from a ductless mini-split system:
- Easy installation. Unlike central air that relies on extensive ductwork or radiant systems that need pipes to be installed throughout the home, a ductless mini-split system only requires a small hole in the exterior wall of the home to accommodate the conduit. This contains the electric cables, condensation lines, and copper tubes that run between the condenser/compressor and the evaporators. This also means the installation costs are lower and there’s much less inconvenience to you and your family.
- Flexibility. A mini-split system heats or cools the home according to zone. Each zone can be set to a different temperature depending on your preferences. For example, you can keep the living room at 65 degrees, the kitchen slightly lower at 62 degrees, and the bedrooms at 65 degrees. If you have guest rooms that you don’t use very often, you can set them to 60 degrees.
- Cost-efficiency. Because a ductless mini-split system allows you to heat the various zones in your home according to your preference, it consumes less energy. In addition, the absence of ducts — which add to the energy requirements of central air systems — helps lower energy consumption. At the end of the day, you’ll benefit from this reduced energy consumption with lower energy bills.
- Environmentally friendly. By reducing your energy consumption, you’re also reducing your carbon footprint. Additionally, a ductless mini-split system uses an environmentally-friendly refrigerant, R410A. Unlike other types of refrigerants, this has zero ozone depletion and is much better for the environment.
- Better indoor air quality. While a central air system has an air filter at the HVAC itself, the air quality can diminish as the air is forced through the ducts and into the various rooms of the home. With a ductless mini-split system, each individual evaporator can be equipped with high-performance filters that filter dust, pollen, and other pollutants from the air. This can greatly improve the air you and your family breathe
Why Choose Milltown?
Here at Milltown, our trained professionals will be able to help you choose a model that can meet your heating and cooling needs. Choosing us will give you:
- Industry-grade products.
- Best placement of the appliances to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Reduced risk of air leaks.
- Fast and effective installation.
- Warranties on parts and labor.
For questions about switching to ductless heating and cooling, call Milltown today!