Mass Save Heat Loan: What You Need To Know
Are you a homeowner in Massachusetts looking to upgrade your heating system, but hesitant due to the high upfront cost? Then the Mass Save Heat Loan Program might be just what you need.
Mass Save Heat Loan
The Mass Save Heat Loan is a program designed to help Massachusetts residents finance energy-efficient home heating upgrades with 0% financing. This program is through Mass Save, a collaborative effort between Massachusetts’ electric and natural gas utilities and energy efficiency service providers. The program offers loans ranging from $750 to $25,000, with repayment terms of up to seven years.
Once you have selected the heating system upgrade, the next step is to complete the loan application process. You will need to provide documentation, such as proof of ownership, and information about the heating system upgrade you plan to install, including cost estimates and contractor information.
Mass Save Heat Pump Rebate
This a program offered by Mass Save. The program offers rebates to homeowners who install a qualifying air-source-heat-pump (ASHP) in their home.
Here’s what you need to know about it:
- Eligibility: Only Massachusetts residential customers of Mass Save Sponsors who purchase and install an eligible ASHP are eligible for the rebate. The system must be installed in a 1-4 unit residential building that receives electric service from a Mass Save Sponsor.
- Rebate amount: The rebate amount for ASHPs depends on the size and efficiency of the unit. The rebate for an eligible ASHP can range from $750 to $2,500 per unit.
- Eligible ASHPs: Only certain models of ASHPs are eligible for the rebate. You can find a list of eligible models on the Mass Save website.
- Installation requirements: The ASHP must be installed by a licensed and insured contractor who is registered with Mass Save. The installation must comply with all state and local codes and requirements, and the contractor must submit a rebate application on your behalf.
- Additional incentives: In addition to the rebate, homeowners may also be eligible for a 0% interest loan through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program.
- How to apply: Homeowners can apply for the rebate online or by mail. Submit the application within 60 days of the installation date with all required documentation to receive the rebate. MillTown Plumbing can help advise you with this process.
Overall, it can be a great way to save money and make your home more energy-efficient. Be sure to review all the requirements and eligibility criteria before making a purchase and installation to ensure you can qualify for the rebate.
Mass Save Mini Split Rebate
Mass Save provides incentives to upgrade your heating and cooling systems to more energy-efficient mini-split heat pumps.
To qualify for the rebate, homeowners must be customers of one of the Mass Save program sponsors, which include Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil. The program offers rebates of up to $1,500 per outdoor unit for the installation of qualified mini-split heat pump systems.
Here are the steps to take to apply for the Mass Save Mini Split Rebate:
- Choose a Mass Save certified HVAC contractor such as MillTown Plumbing to install the mini-split heat pump system.
- Fill out the Mass Save Mini-Split Heat Pump Rebate Form. The form is on the Mass Save website.
- Submit the rebate form along with a copy of the invoice showing proof of purchase to the Mass Save program sponsor by mail or online.
- Once the application is approved, homeowners will receive their rebate check in the mail.
It’s important to note that the Mass Save Mini Split Rebate program has certain eligibility requirements. For more information, homeowners can visit the Mass Save website.
MillTown Plumbing Helps You With Mass Save
The Mass Save Heat Loan Program is an excellent opportunity for Massachusetts homeowners to finance energy-efficient heating system upgrades with 0% financing. The program makes it easy to access affordable financing and reduces energy bills. If you’re looking to upgrade your heating system, contact MillTown Plumbing today. We will help schedule your home energy assessment and guide you through the application process.