Get an AC Tune-Up Before the Hot Weather Arrives!
- Air Conditioning
Do you need an AC Tune-up in Your Chelmsford Home?
Other than the obvious (it’s getting hot in here!) signs, there are multiple ways to determine that your system either needs maintenance or replacement. However, if you’re not as experienced with home maintenance and air conditioners, you may wonder if the problem is in your head or if it truly exists. Since air conditioners are used most heavily during the summer months, it’s important to get a tune-up before the heat of summer really kicks in. Qualified and licensed professionals perform a full system inspection to catch some standard problems that can occur. A check up generally includes:
- Performance test of the full system
- Visual review of all air conditioner components
- Tests to determine the state of the refrigerant charge and overall system control testing
- The use of an approved leak detector to perform a leak test
- If slow leaks are suspected, your professional may perform a dye detection test
Signs You Need an AC Tune-up in Chelmsford, MA
- Air is not flowing as easily as it should be. If you’re seeing poor air flow through your vents, it’s probably time to call a professional.
- Zone issues — where part of your home is comfortable and another part is too hot or cool — are a good sign that there may be something wrong with your thermostat.
- Excess moisture where it doesn’t belong can also be an indicator that it’s time to call a professional.
- Foul odors coming from your air conditioning unit are never a good sign. Mold can grow in wet, dark spaces and an air conditioning unit certainly fits those parameters.
- Squeaking or squealing sounds coming from your air conditioning unit may indicate that a belt has slipped. This generally requires professional assistance to resolve.
- Of course, if you find that your home is heating up unexpectedly, or the air conditioner is cycling (turning on and off quickly), you should have your unit checked out.
Your system should receive maintenance at least once a year. It’s best in the spring before it’s heavily used in the summer heat. This ensures that you’re catching any small problems before they have a large impact on your system. The cost of not performing regular maintenance could be decreased system efficiency or even having a system that freezes up or sustains serious damage from broken items such as motor bearings.
How MillTown Can Help You
Get your air conditioner serviced once a year at the beginning of the warm-weather season. MillTown will clean and inspect the wiring and mechanical parts, check for wear and tear and make recommendations for repair. Getting a tune-up can help improve the efficiency of the system and prevent break downs in the future. This will make sure your air conditioner will be operating at optimal levels throughout the cooling season.
To schedule your Spring AC tune-up, call MillTown today!