March 30, 2018
Spring can cause a wide range of plumbing issues in your home or business, so you should always be prepared. Most of your plumbing is hidden between walls or buried underground, so a plumber used to have to cut into the area. Luckily, camera inspections are now available!
This is a non-invasive method for plumbers to detect plumbing problems. If you suspect something is seriously wrong with your plumbing, you can benefit from a thorough inspection. Maintaining your plumbing is important, and a camera inspection can prevent and help repair the following problems.
Spring Problems that Camera Inspection Can Detect
- Tree root damage. If you’re experiencing problems with your plumbing, one common culprit is tree roots. Your main sewer line is full of running water, and since tree roots naturally seek out moisture, some of them end up breaking through the sewer line. When a tree root finds its way through a joint in the sewer line, it starts to absorb water and expand, eventually causing the line to break or collapse.
- Old pipes. Sometimes the issue may be that your main sewer line or plumbing is old and wearing down. The older the plumbing system, the more susceptible it can be to damages, and a camera inspection can help confirm the age of your plumbing and sewer line.
- Severe clogs. Because some clogs are impossible to reach without professional help, and a camera inspection helps your plumber treat the clog efficiently by finding the direct source.
- Cracked or misaligned pipes. Some deep clogs can be due to a crack in the piping or a poorly aligned connection. Without having to cut into the walls or dig out an entire section of the sewer line, a camera inspection makes it significantly easier to detect cracks, potential clogs, and leaks.
Why Choose Milltown?
Here at Milltown, we guarantee that our service technicians will be able to locate an issue within your plumbing system. A camera inspection is quite simple: just a camera attached to a cord. It’s inserted into your plumbing so we can find the problem and deal with it accordingly. Other benefits of a Milltown camera inspection include:
- No excavation needed: it’s a totally non-invasive technology.
- Quick location of the problem(s).
- The ability to check after repairs have been made
- Less inconvenience to the homeowner.
- Lower costs.
We make plumbing repairs easy for you! Call Milltown today to schedule your camera inspection.